Why I started Blogging; My discovery of the money industry

  • In every entrepreneur's life, there is always a start-up story. Well mine is not that interesting (I had a slightly boring start to my blogging career) but I have to write about it anyway.
  • I created my first blog back then in 2016 and the story that led to the creation of this blog is kinda funny to me but may boring to you, it's funny to me because it has those  foolish moments of trying to make a million dollar per day online.
  • There is just one thing I love about this (I remained determined to survive online) which is why I decided to publish this article to mark my first professional Business and technology tutorial blog (Certless). I Intend to discuss in a business manner, my story and that of others who are in the blogging industry.
  • Let me not bore you down with an unnecessary introduction and get down to the story.

How I got to know that people were making money online.

It was a normal beautiful evening with my usual routine: Pick up the phone, login to facebook and go through my news-feed to see what friends have posted during the day then come back to whatsapp to have a cool chat with the African queens💟👸👸
I got this odd message from a Niece asking me to follow a link and earn 50 dollars for just registering and 3-5 dollars per referral click. She was told that the site paid some persons already.
5dollars per click, this kinda look crazy but after some minutes of argument and questions I decided to give it a try.

Moreover, nobody pays me to do facebook and the other social networks I had accounts on and my data subscription budget was draining my pocket, I was already spending 200 Naira every 3 days on data subscription (I couldn't even eat good food all because I just had to stay updated on facebook and the rest).
I signed up on the website and got my 50 dollars as promised but the minimum threshold was $300 which was pretty easy to earn considering the fact that they paid 3-5dollars per referred click.

I only need 70-100 clicks to become the next Big boy in my area, was already singing "Plenty dollars in my pocket"💰💸🤑
I rushed to facebook, headed to my news-feed and got certain posts that were then trending, I only had to comment with my sweet write-up about the site. Boom! I got my 300dollars in less than 24hrs and was ready to cash-out.
I clicked on the link to request for payment but I was directed to download a game of over 300mb before I could get my payment. It could have been easy but It was a premium game which means I had to pay before I download the game.
It became clear to me that I was participating in a scam network so I got logged out of the site and never visited it again.
The only good thing about this experience was that it made me think that since there are scam networks on making money online, it then means that people were actually making money with the internet so, I diverted my internet presence from social networks to Google.

I searched day and night for legitimate ways to make money online. Reading different articles from different sites and trying out new online businesses each day.

 The online businesses I've tried and failed.

  1. Click and earn business: As I've narrated above, this was the first online business I ever did and it is the easiest way many of us get scammed. These websites promised to pay high amount for just a click on your referall link, this cash never left my account on that website. I got fooled but it was cool, at least it set me up to research new ways to become rich online.
  2.  Survey jobs: My second online business adventure was the survey taking model, although some of this sites pay pretty well but I never reached a dollar taking surveys because there was always two or three zeros before 3 (0.02 or 0.003) per survey for people outside top tier countries like U.S and the rest, converting this to My country's currency I discovered that I will have to purchase internet subscription plan worth 100K to make 0.5K (exaggerating though!)

Why I chose blogging and how I created my first blog.

 As my desire to make money online grew tall, I continued to search google on the ways to make money online but there was only one word most of the sites have on their list (blogging). I thought, this could be what I needed.
My search became specific, I started to search for how to create a blog and the ways to make money with it.
Without wasting much time and with the help of the vast resources I could find online for free, I created my first blog on blogspot; sulhazan.blogspot.com now sulhazan.com.

After further reading I jumped on articles by most of these bloggers giving preference to wordpress over blogger.com, without further research I rushed to create another blog on wordpress.com not knowing that the free wordpress.com platform was a little less in features compared to a free blogger blog. LOL! I later dumped it and came back to blogger and continued on the platform till I earned enough money to purchase a self hosted wordpress blog.

I will be sharing in my next article the exact steps I followed to create all my blogs and how you can create yours.

Conclusion.

My journey to blogging wasn't a sweat one but I sure did learn a lot from my little adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment